MANAGERS-COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
All managers and coaches, softball and baseball, will abide by code of conduct which includes the following provisions. If any of these rules are broken, the BBSA Executive Board, the violators League Rep, and appropriate Commissioner shall have the authority to impose a penalty ranging from probation to suspension, to expulsion from the BBSA. The penalties imposed shall be progressive in nature and will carry over from season to season.
Managers and coaches shall:
1. Not smoke and /or use smokeless tobacco products at any practice, game or any other BBSA event of which children under the age of eighteen are present.
2. Not criticize players in front of spectators and/or teammates, but reserve the right to constructive criticism for later, in private, or in the presence of the other members,
if others might benefit.
3. Accept decisions of game officials in games as being fair and called to the best ability of said official.
4. Not criticize an opposing team, its players, coaches, fans, or parents by word of mouth or by gesture.
5. Emphasize that good athletes strive to be good students and that both are physically and mentally alert.
6. Strive to make every softball/baseball activity serve as a training ground for life, and a basis for good mental and physical health.
7. Emphasize that winning is a result of good teamwork.
8. Together with team officials, be jointly responsible for the conduct of team fans, players and parents.
9. Not engage in excessive sideline coaching and shall not leave the bench/dugout area to shout instructions from the foul lines.
10. Not use abusive language or profane language at any time. Managers and coaches will absolutely refrain from swear and or cuss words in front of all BBSA players.
11. Not receive any payment, in cash or kind, for services as a manager or coach in the BBSA.
12. Not permit an ineligible player to participate in any BBSA Games.
13. Not deliberately incite unsportsmanlike conduct from his/her players and/or team parents.
14. Abstain from the possession and drinking of alcoholic beverages before and during, and the possession or use of any illegal substances before and during on both game
and practice fields and/or facilities.
15. Remove from a game or practice any participant when even slightly in doubt about his/her health, whether or not as a result of injury, until competent medical advice is available.
16. Uphold all the rules and regulations, National, State, and Local regarding Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken and Softball.
17. Not physically touch any player with force or to endanger their well being.
18. Turn in BBSA equipment within 48 hours of their final game, play-off or otherwise.
19. Complete and turn in all necessary paperwork for Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken, and Softball in a timely manner.
20. Complete and turn in player evaluations immediately upon the completion of the season.